Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sundance

Sundance is in full swing around here.  We went to Park City once during Sundance and it was crowded, cold, and exhausting.  Since then, I prefer to catch movies in Salt Lake or at least not at the main street Park City theater.  That may be why I have never run into a movie star during Sundance. Boo-hoo, right?  Especially when some serious stars (Bret McKenzie?!) are roaming around.

Mike and I often rely on others to buy Sundance tickets and give/sell their extras to us.  My first movie was last Monday:  Austenland.  Have you read the book?  I thought it was a pretty good read from a local Utah author.  The movie was a little cheesy (romantic comedy, what do you expect?), but I laughed a ton and overall thought it was definitely worth seeing.  Kinda love the cast.


Mikes and I are catching another film tomorrow night (Toy's House) and then I talked my siblings into watching S Saturday so I can see A Teacher.  The past two years, I have seen some really great movies.  So far, Austenland is my favorite, I'll let you know if the other two surpass it.

Here are a couple S pictures for your viewing pleasure:



1 comment:

katherine said...

Oh I'm so jealous, I really want to see Austenland--it does look funny. Hope you all are doing well!